It seems there is a National Liars Hall of Fame in Dannenbrog, Nebraska, US of A. No, I am not lying. It is true.
Maybe, we could set up something like this in India – the Indian Liars Hall of Fame. It would be an able platform for all those out there that have never been recognized for their ability to keep a straight face, while delivering a fast one.
Since I conceptualized the whole idea (I did not read about this in The Hindu dated 5th July 2004), I get to be Exhibit No 1. I will be in the space suit that I was wearing when I participated in NASA`s `Find a successor to Rakesh Sharma` program.
I could fill the whole museum with my own exhibits, but I guess I would not be doing justice to my counterparts – in fact the whole World. World is divided into those who have to tried to lie, those who have lied and those who have lied and have been tried. In short, you and I have company.
Here are some of the exhibits that the museum will display –
1) The vest that I was wearing when I escaped Jallianwalah Bagh massacre. It is full of holes from the bullets.
2) The guitar John Lennon forgot in my house when he got pissed drunk in my house and had to take a Taxi. My father was hosting him over a drink.
3) The stuffed crow that some 15 years back shat on Michael Gorbachev`s pate. Ever since the Perestroika man, who has been too sensitive to urea, has had a scar on his pate.
4) The handkerchief that Kapil Dev used to wipe his tears after crying during a Television interview. This will be a masterpiece.
5) The 10-gram diamond ring that I presented Rekha yesterday (it was her B`day). She has agreed to its display on select days.
Parties interested in displaying their wares at the museum can get in touch with me at the toll free number: 91-98843-91221