Here are some things Rekha wants me to keep in mind this week-end i.e., when she is not here. I wonder if her absence is actually worth the fun.
The list she handed over to me is being re-created verbatim –
1) Pick up the milk from the door, boil it and after it gets cold keep it in the fridge.
2) Pick up the newspaper from the door-mat and bring it inside. It is a un-claimed newspaper that is often the trigger for burglars.
3) Welcome the maid with a smile and help her while she is cleaning the house. Make sure you give her something to eat after she finishes the work. (Wonder if my maid will like a cheese sandwich).
4) Clean the washbasins in both the bathrooms.
5) Clean the Computer table. She believes it is the dust around the comp, that results in virus attacks.
6) Buy vegetables from Foodworld and arrange them in the refrigerator. Have a look inside the fridge and decide what needs to be bought and what does not. And then go ahead and get them.
7) In the evening switch-on all the lights for 30 minutes before switching off the ones that are not required.
8) In the evening, light a diya for God, and make sure it doesn`t extinguish by itself.
9) Before you go to bed, take in all the clothes drying outside.
10) Before going to bed, switch off all the lights and check if all the doors are closed.
11) After you are in bed, think of me…and realize how easy your Sunday would have been had I been with you.