To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
Farmers’ Almanac, 1978
Recently, an IT company conducted a survey to find out the reason behind thousands of dirty keyboards, it owned.
In short, they wanted to find out what was in between the keys of their keyboards. I am sorry I won`t be able to reveal the company`s name even if you give me a billion dollar project and make me the Project Manager.
Here is what they found between the keys (figures in percentages):
- Fingers of the developers (9%)
- Finger nails believed to have dropped off during phases of vigorous typing (14%)
- Dead skin fromÂ developers` hands which is believed to have come off during active Control+C & Control+V sessions (15%)
- Spectacles that the surveyors think could have fallen off during post-lunch sessions (12%)
- ELTPs believed to have fallen victim during initial days (14%)
- Hard working developers (17%)
- Project Managers (19%)
PS: Leaves were found in between the keys of the Branch Managers.