The Washington Post decided to participate in word play and asked its readers to submit themselves to neologism. For those who don`t know ‘neologism` – it is a practice of providing alternate meanings for existing, common words.
Thanks to a mail from Navneet Potti who was a regular blogger (Here) before he got married and found a cause, we present the winning entries on Ouchmytoe.
The winners are:
1. Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.
3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.
6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly
answer the door in your nightgown.
7. Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are
run over by a steamroller.
8. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.
9. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
10. Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.